Russell Wilson looked to his left and his right. He looked for help

Russell Wilson looked to his left and his right. He looked for help

in Neuigkeiten 31.01.2019 10:18
von panxing18 | 226 Beiträge | 2260 Punkte

CHICAGO (AP) — in the middle of the field. He looked short and he looked for deep balls.No one was open.It was that kind of Monday night for the Seattle Seahawks.Wilson was surrounded for most of Seattle’s 24-17 loss to the Chicago Bears Frank Clark Color Rush Jersey , and he got very little help from his teammates until the fourth quarter. He was sacked six times for the second straight week, including five in the first half, and made a game-sealing mistake in the final period.“We’re still a work in progress,” coach Pete Carroll said. “You can see how hard our guys played, see how they fought throughout all the way to the last seconds on the clock.”Seattle (0-2) played without guard D.J. Fluker and receiver Doug Baldwin due to injuries, and Baldwin’s absence was particularly noticeable. Tyler Lockett was the Seahawks’ top receiver with five catches for 60 yards, but he got most of his numbers in the fourth. Brandon Marshall struggled to get open against one of his former teams.“I can always do better,” Marshall said. “There’s some things I definitely have to clean up. Just got to be sharper in everything that I do. We got to find a way to make plays.”The rushing attack also was shut down by Chicago’s refurbished defense, finishing with 74 yards on 22 carries. Seattle went almost 24 minutes of game time between rushing plays at one point.Wilson began the fourth quarter with just 69 yards on 9-for-20 passing, but he tried to rally the Seahawks down the stretch.“The fourth quarter showed us who we are and who we can be,” Wilson said. “We just got to get a better start and try to figure out how to catch that fire that we had in the fourth quarter, let’s put it in the first, second, third if we can do that, which I don’t think we’re far off by any means.”The four-time Pro Bowler found Lockett for 20 yards and tight end Nathan Vannett for 11 to move Seattle deep into Chicago territory. He then threw a 19-yard touchdown pass to Lockett to trim the Bears’ lead to 17-10 with 10:13 left.Chicago (1-1) went three and out on the ensuing drive and punted the ball right back to Seattle. But Wilson’s pass intended for Rashaad Penny near midfield was picked off by Prince Amukamara, who returned his first interception since 2015 for his first career touchdown with 6:37 remaining.“You can’t even remember the last time Russ did that,” Carroll said.Wilson also lost a fumble on Seattle’s next drive. He passed to Will Dissly for a 2-yard touchdown with 14 seconds to go, but the Seahawks’ onside kick was unsuccessful and the Bears ran out the clock.The lackluster showing for Seattle’s offense wasted a solid performance for its defense, led by two second-quarter interceptions for Shaquill Griffin. The second-year cornerback made a nice play on an underthrown ball by Mitchell Trubisky Dion Jordan Color Rush Jersey , and then had a diving grab on a tipped ball.Mychal Kendricks had one of Seattle’s two sacks in his first game since he signed with the Seahawks on Friday. Kendricks pleaded guilty last week to insider trading charges, but he isn’t expected to be sentenced in the case until January and the NFL has yet to impose any discipline.“Just having this opportunity to play it means so much more to me,” said Kendricks, who was released by Cleveland on Aug. 29 after the charges were filed. “That being said, I plan on doing the most with it.”It just wasn’t enough, not with the Seahawks’ ineffective offense.Wilson was 22 for 36 for 226 yards. Penny was the top rusher with 10 carries for 30 yards as Seattle possessed the ball for just 25 1/2 minutes.“The fighter mentality in me is always going to be there so you can’t play scared,” Wilson said. “You got to be able to go for it. I think we were still able to do that. We had a lot of fourth-quarter comebacks and I believe those are going to happen.” GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — The Seattle Seahawks got a victory but lost an embittered Earl Thomas with a fractured leg.The Arizona Cardinals remained winless but had to be encouraged with the performance of rookie quarterback Josh Rosen in his first start.It was a mixed bag for both teams but the Seahawks came away with the victory Sunday when Sebastian Janikowski, after two earlier misses, kicked a 52-yard field goal as time expired for a 20-17 victory over the Cardinals, who fell to 0-4 for the first time since 1986, two years before the franchise moved from St. Louis.“We ran the ball for over 170 yards, which is fantastic,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. “Mike Davis ran like crazy. He gave us a great effort on a day when Chris (Carson) couldn’t go.”Thomas sustained a lower left leg fracture while defending what turned out to be the game-tying touchdown pass from Rosen to Chad Williams in the fourth quarter.Obviously frustrated, Thomas made an obscene gesture toward the Seattle side of the field as he was carted off.Thomas had been embroiled in a contract squabble with the Seahawks, skipping some practices to show his ire. His teammates understood his frustration.“It’s an unfortunate part of the business,” Seattle linebacker Bobby Wagner said. “If he doesn’t come back, he’s not a team guy. If he does come back, he gets hurt and they say he shouldn’t have come back. It’s a crazy business that we’re in.”Rosen Tedric Thompson Color Rush Jersey , meanwhile, was impressive in his starting debut, completing 15 of 27 passes for 180 yards and a touchdown with no interception. He had several passes dropped.“I thought he played fantastic,” said teammate Larry Fitzgerald, who uncharacteristically dropped a couple. “I didn’t do him any justice by making plays for him, but I think he stuck in there and made some wonderful plays, some great throws.”Here are some things to consider from Seattle’s victory over Arizona.ROSEN’S DAYRosen said he had a couple of scrambles out of the backfield “that kind of got me in the flow of the game a little bit in the sense of like, ‘I belong here.”He said he felt more comfortable as the game went on and was at his most effective completing three big passes leading to his 22-yard TD toss to Chad Williams to tie the game at 17-17.“Again, his poise showed up,” coach Steve Wilks said. “… Total control over that whole drive.”INJURED SEAHAWKSThomas wasn’t the only Seattle player to be injured.Rookie tight end Will Dissly was carted off in the first quarter with a patellar tendon injury.“There’s nothing we can do but send love to them and build them up and all that,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said. “The bittersweet is so obvious. That’s how we’re feeling about it.”DAVIS RUNS WILDThrough the first three games this season, Davis had three carries for three yards.With Collins unable to play on Sunday, Davis ran wild, gaining 101 yards in 21 attempts, including TD runs of 20 and one yards.“Mike Davis stepped up in a huge, huge way,” Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said. “He was the star of the game, I think, just making so many plays. He’s an explosive player. He works the right way. He’s a professional. He comes in ready.”After his TDs Ethan Pocic Color Rush Jersey , Davis did a celebration that included him waking from a slumber.“I just feel like I have been slept on ever since I came into the NFL,” he said. “It is just a reminder that I will wake them up one day.”JOHNSON’S PROGRESSFinally, David Johnson began to look like David Johnson.The Arizona running back topped 100 yards from scrimmage. He rushed for 71 yards in 22 attempts, including a 21-yard run, and caught three for 41 yards, including a 30-yard screen pass on Arizona’s game-tying TD drive.But Johnson gave himself poor grades.“I don’t know about the other guys, but I’m very disappointed in myself,” he said. “I had a lot of mental errors, man, and I didn’t do enough to help out the team.”KICKING WOESJankowski and Dawson are two of the most experienced kickers in the business, but they each missed twice.“No excuses,” Dawson said. “I go out there whenever I’m told to go out there, and it’s my job to put the ball through the posts. And twice today, I didn’t do that.”Dawson missed a 45-yarder that would have given Arizona the lead with 1:50 to play. Seattle drove downfield, with no timeouts, to set up Janikowski’s winning kick.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Niemann
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 60 Gäste , gestern 1271 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4700 Themen und 5023 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor