Aufbau und Regelwerk » ew I didnt need them." NO

ew I didnt need them." NO

in Aufbau und Regelwerk 02.01.2018 09:20
von jokergreen0220 | 495 Beiträge | 4950 Punkte

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs are set to hire San Diego Padres bench coach Rick Renteria as their manager, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday. Trevor Linden Jersey . The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the hiring has not been announced. The team was expected to make it official on Thursday. The move ends a long search that began with the last-place Cubs targeting New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi, only to be denied a shot when he decided to stay put. Instead, the Cubs are hoping Renteria can help develop their young players and lead them to their first championship since 1908. He replaces Dale Sveum, who was fired after two seasons. The Cubs went 66-96 this season and finished at the bottom of the NL Central. A former major league infielder, Renteria spent the past six years on the Padres staff and had been their bench coach since 2011. Before that, he coached and managed in the San Diego and Florida Marlins organizations. Renteria also managed Mexico in the World Baseball Classic in March. The Cubs are counting on him to get the most out of young players such as shortstop Starlin Castro and first baseman Anthony Rizzo, along with prospects such as Javier Baez, Jorge Soler, Albert Almora and Kris Bryant. The lack of development by young players on the roster was a major sticking point with Sveum. And with more young players on the way, the front office decided it was time for a change. The Cubs were 127-197 under Sveum and finished in last place for the first time in seven years. They had targeted Girardi, a Peoria, Ill., native and Northwestern product who played for them. But the former catcher signed a four-year contract worth up to $20 million to stay with New York through 2017. That forced the Cubs to look elsewhere. Besides Renteria, they interviewed former Mariners and Indians manager Eric Wedge, Rays bench coach Dave Martinez, former Nationals and Indians manager Manny Acta, former Diamond-backs manager A.J. Hinch, and Brad Ausmus, who was hired by the Tigers on Sunday. They were also interested in talking to Boston bench coach Torey Lovullo. But according to reports, the Red Sox invoked an agreement banning Cubs president Theo Epstein from hiring any of their employees over a three-year period. Christopher Tanev Jersey . Riethers apparent stamp on Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj during Saturdays Premier League match at Craven Cottage was missed by the match officials. A three-man panel of former referees reviewed the incident and all agreed that it was a sending-off offence. Henrik Sedin Jersey . The Calgary Stampeders running back received the West Division nomination for the CFLs top individual award Thursday in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada and leagues eight head coaches. http://www.thecanuckshockeystore.com/Canucks-Ben-Hutton-Adidas-Jersey/ . New York secured second place in the Metropolitan Division when the Philadelphia Flyers lost at Tampa Bay later Thursday. The Rangers will face either the Flyers or Columbus in the opening round of the post-season. The Rangers struggled throughout against the lowly Sabres and goalie Matt Hackett, who played in just his seventh NHL game of the season.EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Victor Cruz believes there was a bit of a disconnect between Eli Manning and his receivers in this season where the New York Giants offence failed to live up to the preseason hype. Talking to the media for the first time since having surgery on his left knee Dec. 19, Cruz said that the lengthy negotiations that got him a new contract in July, and fellow receiver Hakeem Nicks decision to work out on his own went a long way in creating the gap between Manning and the receivers. "I think thats the one thing we lacked, was kind of that continuity from a receiver standpoint with our quarterback," Cruz said Friday. "And I want to build that earlier this year, whether he have to set some time apart with the receivers and Eli whenever hes ready and schedule it right so we can build not only on the field but off the field." Cruz, who stood without the aid of crutches, said his knee should be healthy in roughly two months. He intends to take the recovery slowly so he does not come back and play tentatively. The four-year veteran expects to take part in the Giants organized team activities, which started in April this past season. The important aspect this off-season will be working out more with Manning, who has thrown a career-high 26 interceptions. "We want to get to know each other more and stuff like that," said Cruz, who finished the season with 73 catches for 998 yards and four touchdowns. "I feel like there was a little bit of a disconnect there that we want to get back for this football team." Cruz, who was hurt against Seattle on Dec. 15, hopes that Nicks and offensive co-ordinator Kevin Gilbride will both return next season. Nicks, the Giants first-round draft pick in 2009, has had a disappointing fifth season. Heading into the season finale against Washington on Sunday, he has failed to catch a touchdown. He will be a free agent after this season. &quoot;Obviously I understand the business side of it, because I just went through that myself," said Cruz, who signed a five-year, $43 million contract extension this summer, causing him to miss this past seasons OTAs. Patrick Wiercioch Jersey. "I understand what he is going through." If Nicks signs with another team, Cruz said he is ready to handle a bigger load. He admits he was disappointed being limited to four TD catches. Gilbride has come under fire because the offence, which has been slowed by multiple injuries on the offensive line, is ranked 30th of 32 in the league. Nicks plans to discuss his future with the Giants next week said. While he said he wants to stay, he added that money might not be the stumbling block in contract talks. "We arent talking money, its bigger than that in my eyes," Nicks said, indicating that he doesnt want to see changes in the offence. The Giants could put a franchise tag on Nicks and have him under contract for another year, but the question is would they do that for a player who did not produce in a walk year. "I understand the business," Nicks said. "There wont be no negative vibe or bad blood whatever they decide." Finishing 2 yards shy of 1,000 yards receiving did not cost him money, Cruz said. "I wish I could go back and get them, but things happen," Cruz said. "When I was on the flight to get my surgery, a fan came up to me and said: Dont worry about those two yards, you still got 1,000 in my book. That sealed the deal for me. I was like, I knew I didnt need them." NOTES: G Brandon Mosley (hand), DE Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder) and TE Adrien Robinson (knee) were declared out for Sundays game. ...Mosley was having surgery Friday on the hand he broke last weekend. Pierre-Paul missed the final five games. RBs Andre Brown and Peyton Hillis are probable after suffering concussions in the last two weeks. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panxing18
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 28 Gäste und 3 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1254 Themen und 1313 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder Online:
bruce8620, jokergreen0220, panxing18

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor