against Notre Dame, when McCaffrey was out.Theyre not going to c

against Notre Dame, when McCaffrey was out.Theyre not going to c

in Aufbau und Regelwerk 24.01.2018 05:52
von jcy123 | 718 Beiträge | 7180 Punkte

Birmingham boss Gary Rowett says there is still more to come from his side as they push for a Championship play-off spot. The Blues are currently in ninth place and are just two points behind sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday - with Cardiff and Ipswich sandwiched in the middle - but they have a crucial game in hand over their rivals.Speaking to the FL72 Podcast, Rowett believes the positivity and ambition of the team means there is still more to come from his side after their incredible turnaround over the last 18 months. I still think theres potential, he said. We havent hit the ceiling on what we can achieve, but what the team are doing is giving us everything they can at the moment in terms of their energy, effort and commitment. Were really pleased with what weve done so far but were still very positive and ambitious. Theres more to come and were thoroughly trying to search for that golden recipe of these last few games that can see us move into one of those play-off spots.We have a string of three home games about six games from the finish so our aim really is to still be in the mix by then. Birmingham City are two points from the play-off places with 11 games to play We have to keep working incredibly hard and hope that those three home games could be an amazing week for the club and the fans. But weve got a lot of work to do in the meantime to make sure were in contact with those places.Rowett arrived at St Andrews in October 2014 with Birmingham having just suffered an 8-0 defeat to Bournemouth and languishing near the foot of the table in 21st place. But a remarkable improvement saw the Blues finish the season in 10th position and the momentum has continued in the current campaign with the manager putting it down to commitment and unity with his players. FL72 Podcast - Rowett, Whitney, Way Rowett said: Its always about that collective hard work and team dynamic and were very big on that. The players have bought in to what were doing with good results and I think the better your results get, the more the players buy into it because they want success. Certainly as a group, weve always tried to maintain that we stand side-by-side and well all try and help each other so thats how I will work as a manager.If Ive got honest players who work hard and they make a mistake, then the only time Ill ever lambaste them is if they dont try and get on the ball again or they dont try to do the right thing.You have to have a relationship with your players these days, but the key is to make sure those relationships dont cloud the tough decisions you have to make to make the club successful because ultimately, thats all Im interested in - seeing how successful we can make Birmingham City. Birmingham travel Wolves in Sundays derby game - live on Sky Sports The Blues make the short trip across the city to play Wolves on Sunday afternoon - live on Sky Sports - and Rowett is hoping the derby incentive will play into their favour. He said: Weve got to go there and use the fact that its a local derby and make sure Wolves dont use the fact its a local derby to inspire them to want to beat us more than we want to beat them. I think its been a difficult job for Kenny Jackett this season. Wolves have had a lot of transition in terms of the club still being up for sale and that little bit of uncertainty at that end and theyve lost some of their best players.I think any manager in that position knows what its like. We lost Demarai Gray so we know how it feels for a club to suddenly have your best attacking weapons taken out of your team so its difficult.With a fight for a place in the Premier League in their sights, Rowett is adamant that the top flight is his target for Birmingham in the future. Rowett sympathies with the Wolves situation after selling key attacking players - just as the Blues did with Demarai Gray Ultimately in the short term, our aim is to certainly challenge very hard to get back into the Premier League, as difficult as that is with the resources we have at the moment, he said.Of course, long term were going to have to be in a different position to challenge to go up and then challenge to stay in the Premier League.But I believe Birmingham City - among many other teams in this division - have the ability to get into the Premier League one day again and stay there. Also See: Birmingham video Birmingham fixtures Birmingham stats Bet £5 Get £20 Free Caron Butler Jersey . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. Langston Galloway Jersey . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. http://www.pistonsteamproshop.com/Customized/ . With the first unit struggling of late and Amir Johnson - one of the teams iron men - hobbling on an injured right ankle, Patterson knew he could get the nod in a challenging matchup against one of the leagues up and coming players at his position. Henry Ellenson Jersey . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Luke Kennard Jersey . The Canadian squad, skipped by Jennifer Jones of Winnipeg, got on the board first with two in the second end, and followed that with two more apiece in the fourth and sixth ends. Christian McCaffrey is done playing college football even though Stanford has one more game.The star running back wants to prepare for the draft and said on Twitter on Monday he will not play in the Sun Bowl. The No. 16 Cardinal (9-3) face North Carolina (8-4) on Dec. 30 in El Paso, Texas.Very tough decision, but I have decided not to play in the Sun Bowl so I can begin my draft prep immediately, McCaffrey said. He thanked his teammates for their support. It means a lot to me. Go Cardinal!Stanford receiver Trenton Irwin posted on Twitter: The whole team supports (at)CMccaffrey5 in everything and anything. Hes been a leader to this team through the easy times and tough times.McCaffrey is the second prominent player to make such a decision for the same reason. LSU running back Leonard Fournette has said he will not play in the Citrus Bowl.I would do anything to play one more time with my brothers in that scarlet and gray, Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott posted on Twitter about players sitting out bowl games.McCaffrey said last month he would be skipping his senior season to enter the NFL draft. He was the Heisman Trophy runner-up in 2015 as a sophomore when he set the NCAA record for all-purpose yards in a season.For three years Christian has not only been a great player, but a great teammate as well, Stanford coach David Shaw said in a statement. We wish him great success at the next level, as we continue our preparation for the Sun Bowl.This season, McCaffrey missed a game against Notre Dame with an undisclosed injury, but finished the season strong. He had at least 135 yards rushing in his final five games and finished the season with 1,603 yards on the ground and 13 touchdowns.I dont think it takes away from the fact weve still got two pretty good football teams that are going to play, Sun Bowl executive director Bernie Olivas said. Yeah, it would have been great to have a prolific runner llike Christian McCaffrey going against a prolific passer like (North Carolina quarterback) Mitch Trubisky, but I totally understand where hes coming from.dddddddddddd I still hope he makes the trip and enjoys the festivities we have for the teams.Trubisky, a junior, is still considering whether to come back for another college season. He would be one of the top quarterback prospects in the draft if he does leave early.I think its smart on their part, because its different when youre a running back and youre taking all the shots. So for them to just prep for the NFL, I respect it because theyre making the decision thats best for them in their career, Trubisky said. Just based on what Im going through with my decision, I know they just didnt make that decision. Theres probably a lot of thought process that goes in behind that.The 6-foot, 200-pound McCaffrey has been one of the busiest ball carriers in college football over the last two seasons. He has 672 touches from scrimmage (590 rushes, 82 receptions) and another 76 kick and punt returns.With McCaffrey gone, Bryce Love will likely get most of the carries for Stanford against North Carolina. The sophomore from Wake Forest, North Carolina, ran for 664 yards and 7.4 per carry this season. He had 129 yards and a touchdown against Notre Dame, when McCaffrey was out.Theyre not going to change what they do, North Carolina coach Larry Fedora said about Stanford. Theyre going to run the ball and pound it at you and play-action pass you.---Contributing to this report were AP sports writers Aaron Beard in Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Steve Megargee in Knoxville, Tennessee; and Josh Dubow in Oakland, California.---Follow Ralph D. Russo at www.Twitter.com/ralphDrussoAP---For more college football coverage: http://collegefootball.ap.org/ Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: zhangzk
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 11 Gäste , gestern 24 Gäste online

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2402 Themen und 2626 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor