into my eighth year, I know better. I know Ive got to get the ball out.I

into my eighth year, I know better. I know Ive got to get the ball out.I

in Aufbau und Regelwerk 23.01.2018 06:46
von jcy123 | 718 Beiträge | 7180 Punkte

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Shanshan Feng will have to wait a day to begin defence of her LPGA Championship title. A steady rain punctuated by heavy downpours and an occasional bolt of lightning forced the postponement of Thursdays first round at Locust Hill Country Club. The LPGAs second major of the year now will begin Friday morning, the second round will be staged Saturday, and the players will attempt to complete 36 holes on Sunday. "The problem became the golf course," said Sue Witters, director of tournament competition for the LPGA. "We had numerous greens under water, fairways puddling. If it could have stopped raining, we would have had a shot." More than a half-inch of rain had fallen by mid-morning, and it was still raining hard more than two hours after the noon announcement of the postponement of play. Locust Hill officials figured the course could take up to three-quarters of an inch of rain, but the weather system stretched 140 miles and wasnt expected to completely pass through for seven hours. That proved to be too much for an area that had received over 4 inches of rain in the past week and a half. "We went as long as we could," Witters said. The overnight forecast called for a break, affording the grounds crew a chance to get the course in shape. Scattered showers were expected Friday morning and there was a 20-30 per cent chance of a thunderstorm during the day, but Witters said she was confident the course would be OK. "Id like to believe today was our worst day," she said. "The goal is to get 72 holes, but its got to stop raining." Witters also said Monday was still on the table, but with no rain predicted for Sunday and the longest day of the year looming in two weeks she was hopeful there would be enough daylight to complete two rounds on Sunday. "We think we can play golf until 9 oclock," Withers said. "That gives us extra room, and well need it. Im not nervous yet. I wish we could have gotten some golf in today." The one-day break was welcome news for some players since it came during a stretch of seven tournaments in a two-month span, including two majors. "Its definitely tough because youre excited to get going, but to be honest with you Im very tired with it being my fourth week in a row," said Brittany Lang, who planned to spend the afternoon trying on wedding dresses in preparation for the big day next January. "Its actually kind of good for me. Im sure a lot of girls are definitely ready to get going." When the first round begins, the focus of every player will be on one thing -- avoiding the rough that was nearly 4 inches high before the rains hit. "It is so hard to hit out of wet rough like that," Lang said. "Its nearly impossible. That rough, I think, is going to be horrendous after this much rain." "If youre hitting the ball well, you can score well," Paige Mackenzie added. "You just have to be on your game every single shot. It does not allow any mistakes at all." The inclement weather continued a streak that began two weeks ago at the Bahamas LPGA Classic. The course there was closed for two days because of severe flooding, and when the tournament finally got under way it was shortened to 12 holes. The LPGA Tour was determined to play with two new title sponsors and devised a 12-hole route that would allow the players three rounds to reach 36 holes and make it an official event. Last week, high winds and tough greens created havoc. The flooding in the Bahamas was caused by a foot of rain in about five hours. It wasnt nearly that bad at Locust Hill on Thursday, but it, too, wasnt pretty. "Unfortunately, its just part of the game," Mackenzie said. "Anybody thats played, whether its professional golf or amateur golf, you go through events like this. "I learned very quickly my rookie season when only 18 holes were played in Arkansas in a four-day span. Theres going to be surprises like this. Were a pretty flexible tour. I think the hardest part is on the rookies. They want to go play. Its a major." Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Online . PETERSBURG, Fla. Wholesale Red Wings Jerseys . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. http://www.wholesaleredwingsjerseys.com/ . PAUL, Minn. Cheap Stitched Red Wings Jerseys .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys For Sale . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. DENVER -- The Broncos question at starting quarterback remains unanswered, and both Trevor Siemian and Mark Sanchez exited Saturday nights 31-24 preseason loss to the San Francisco 49ers feeling like an opportunity to win the job was squandered.Siemian started the game, and the Broncos opened the night with a 10-play, 86-yard touchdown drive on their first possession. But after opening the game 10-of-11 passing, Siemians 12th attempt was intercepted by 49ers safety Eric Reid and returned 42 yards for a touchdown.I just cant turn the ball over, Siemian said. I made a bad decision. I want that one back ... that one bad play. Unfortunately you cant have one bad play.Sanchez had just the kind of two-minute drive going that would get coach Gary Kubiaks attention, but he was sacked and fumbled deep in 49ers territory with 39 seconds left in the first half.When the Broncos defense forced a fumble on the next play, recovering the ball at the 49ers 15-yard line, Sanchez let that opportunity slip away as well. On the third play after the recovery, he was sacked and fumbled again, this time with 14 seconds left in the first half.I squandered a great opportunity to separate myself, and put the team in a bad situation, Sanchez said. No excuse for that; poor, poor quarterback play.I cant put pressure on the O-line like that. I know Im in a tough spot right there, and Coach wants to see what I do. Theres no excuse for that. You cant do that. ... Poor play. I just let one go tonight. Thats really too bad.Kubiak said this past week that he would like to make a decision on a starter before Saturdays preseason game against the Los Angeles Rams, but he didnt seem inclined to do that after the loss to the 49ers.Asked if hee had seen enough from either quarterback to make the call, Kubiak said: We made too many mistakes, obviously.dddddddddddd They both did some good things. ... You have to protect the football. Obviously we have to hang on to the good things and find a way to protect the ball. Thats what we need to focus on now more than anything.Kubiak added a bit later that he was still taking the quarterback decision day by day.Siemian finished the night 10-of-14 for 75 yards with the interception. Sanchez was 10-of-17 for 120 yards with the two fumbles, and he was sacked three times. Rookie Paxton Lynch, who closed out the game, was 15-of-26 passing for 113 yards with two touchdowns and an interception against a host of 49ers reserves.Sanchez put together drives of 60 and 75 yards on his first two possessions, fumbling to end the second drive. He said he was particularly upset because he felt like he had played well enough to win the job before the turnovers.No doubt, I thought I came in, we had a lot of energy, moved the team right down the field, two drives of 70-plus yards and were rolling, Sanchez said. Going into my eighth year, I know better. I know Ive got to get the ball out.I know I can play this game, and I know Im better than I showed [Saturday]. ... Two really bad plays that took away from a great performance and potentially winning a job, so thats really too bad.Sanchez was also asked if it was difficult to not know who would be the teams starter so deep in the preseason.He simply said: Its difficult playing like crap on two plays and ruining an opportunity. Thats difficult. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: loemrntdherid1
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 2 Gäste und 1 Mitglied, gestern 15 Gäste und 4 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1941 Themen und 2087 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
yaya2017

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor