ning pulled the Boilermakers (3-3, 1-2) to within 42-21, and his 54-yard TD pass to DeAngelo Yancey with?5:36 ?left cut the defi

ning pulled the Boilermakers (3-3, 1-2) to within 42-21, and his 54-yard TD pass to DeAngelo Yancey with?5:36 ?left cut the defi

in Aufbau und Regelwerk 08.11.2018 12:11
von x123 | 256 Beiträge | 2560 Punkte

England Womens seamer Kate Cross looks ahead to the inaugural Kia Super League and back on a red-hot winter in Sri Lanka... So, after an incredible winter of chasing the sunshine, its now time to settle back down in Blighty.This obviously has its pros and cons: pros being that I can spend some time with my family and friends, and cons revolving around the need to go out and buy some hand warmers for the start of the season! Not being selected for the WT20 squad was a real disappointment for me, but Im taking the positives out of it - I know I have things to improve on, especially in T20 cricket, which can be especially cruel on a bowler! Lots of room for work and development is an exciting prospect.It also opened up another opportunity for me to travel to Sri Lanka with the England Womens Academy team to play a triangular series against the Sri Lanka Womens A team and the Shooting Stars (Australia Womens A team). Smile (squint!) for the team pic The trip was a real success for us as a team - not only did we win six of the eight matches we played out there (a mixture of 50-over and T20 cricket) but it generated some new challenges for me, such as captaining, batting a little higher in the order and learning how to play cricket in 90 per cent humidity!The first training session we did felt like we were trying to breath underwater, it was that humid. To put it into perspective, before and after each game we would weigh ourselves to see how much fluid we had lost, and I was consistently losing around 2.5kg each time, and was able to wring my shirt out. Pleasant! The Red Rose is in full bloom! Me with youngsters Ellie Threlkeld, Sophie Ecclestone and Emma Lamb Playing on the Academy tour also meant that I was a senior player for a change, and gave me the chance to see first-hand some of the exciting talent that we have coming through the ranks.Im really proud to say that three really promising prospects hail from the mighty Red Rose! Emma Lamb, Sophie Ecclestone and Ellie Threlkeld all had really successful trips, which as a county is really pleasing. Watch out for this lot this summer!As an aside, how beautiful is Sri Lanka?! It was actually my debut trip out there and we were lucky enough on a day off to travel down the coast where we stumbled across a little bit of paradise. World T20 heartbreak While we were out in Sri Lanka, we were continually supporting the England womens and mens teams in their WT20 campaigns, and we were so gutted for the girls when they lost out to the Aussies in the semi-final.As disappointed as everyone is about the result, we know we have a lot of room for improvement in order to win the big ICC global events, and I know that with the additional heartbreak from last summer, the drive to improve is stronger than ever. One teams heartbreak is however another teams jubilation, and it was really great to see the West Indies girls pick up the trophy. They have become a real force to be reckoned with over the past few years, which is great for the state and quality of the global game.Im particularly excited that I will be able to share a dressing room this summer during the inaugural Kia Super League (KSL) with two of the most exciting West Indian players: Deandra Dottin and Hayley Mathews. Matthews set for Thunder West Indies star heading to Emirates Old Trafford Signing them for the Lancashire Thunder has created a real buzz around Emirates Old Trafford, and we know they will bring something really special to the team. We have also been really lucky to secure Australian all-rounder Sarah Coyte, and quite frankly I am delighted that all three are in my team and I wont have to bowl at them!#TheThunderIsComingSpeaking of the KSL, there is growing and tangible excitement about the competition. Now that logos have been designed, fixtures have been released and teams have been fully announced, everyone is desperate to get going.The KSL is something that the womens domestic game here in England has been crying out for. Not only is it something brand new to look forward to, but it gives an opportunity for us all to play more high-quality cricket and bridge the gap between county and international cricket. The announcement of the overseas players last week was a real talking point around the womens cricket world. With 18 of the best female players coming over to play, you can get a real sense for how strong the competition is going to be. I am absolutely delighted to have signed for the Lancashire Thunder - I am always so proud to represent the Red Rose and to play at Emirates Old Trafford. Having also signed Danni Wyatt and skipper Sarah Taylor, along with the news that former England womens stalwart and Womens Ashes winner Laura Newton has been included in the final squad of 15, the Thunder have got a real mix of experience and explosive power, which hopefully will get some bums on seats.Laura was a real role model for me growing up, especially when I first got into the senior Lancs womens team, so it will be great to play with her again. For anyone who would like to come and support us this summer, here are our fixtures: Hopefully the snow will stay away for the foreseeable future, so we can all look forward to what is going to be a really exciting summer of womens cricket… See you there!Crossy (Kate Cross, England womens fast bowler) Also See: Womens cricket home WATCH: Kates 5-Ball Challenge Super League squads announced Get Sky Sports Nike Air Max Kopen Belgie . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Nike Air Max Goedkoop Kopen . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. http://www.airmaxgoedkoop.be/ . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Nike Air Max Verkooppunten Belgie . After Martin Skrtel put the Reds in front from close range at Stamford Bridge after only four minutes, Hazard hit back in the 17th with a superb strike. Etoo gave Jose Mourinhos team a decisive lead from Oscars back pass in the 34th. Nike Air Max Belgie Kopen . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- For Iowa, the trend of playing its finest football when on the road continues. For Purdue, the unpleasant trend of failing to win back-to-back games at any point in fourth-year coach Darrell Hazells time with the Boilermakers also continues.?Iowa scored touchdowns on five of its six opening-half possessions and defeated Purdue 49-35 on Saturday, winning its school-record ninth consecutive road game.The Hawkeyes (5-2, 3-1 Big Ten) broke the former school record of eight consecutive road victories set from 1920-23. Of the nine consecutive road triumphs, eight have been against Big Ten opponents.Purdue, now 9-33 in Hazells tenure -- including 3-24 in Big Ten play -- has lost the week following each of its three victories this season by an average margin of 25 points.For Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, the road winning streak is a special accomplishment.Our guys do a good job when they get on the bus, Ferentz said. They really are focused on what were trying to get done. It is a business-like atmosphere when we come to different environments, but the game is still played on the field. A key is that we have had good leadership and good maturity.Iowa, 3-0 this season in Big Ten road games, completely dominated the first two quarters, running 41 plays for 397 yards, successfully converting 7 of 8 third-down opportunities.Hawkeye quarterback C.J. Beathard ran 16 yards for one touchdown and passed 42 yards to wide receiver Riley McCarron for another first-half TD.Running back LeShun Daniels ran 1 and 4 yards for Iowa touchdowns, and Akrum Wadley added a 75-yard TD run with?1:18 ?remaining in the second quarter, giving the Hawkeyes a 35-7 lead through 30 minutes.We wanted to get off to a fast start offensively, Beathard said. Going back to last weeks game against Minnesota, we didnt play well offensively. We came out and scored on our first couple of drives and then did all right today.Wadley said the Hawkeyes were eager to improve their overall rushing attack and do so at Purdues expense.We had some big runs out of the shotgun, which we worked on in practice this week and then had the right calls at the right time in the game today, Wadley said. At the beginning of the season, Daniels and I talked about having a game when we both rushed for over 100 yards. Today, that was the first game it happened.Wadley averaged 12.1 yards per carry with a long run of 75, and Daniels added a 67-yard run.Beathard said that made his job easy.When you can get both of those guys touches, and with the offensive line working the way they were working today opening up holes, they turn 8-yard runs into the long ones you saw today, Beathard said.Purdues David Blough threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to tight end Brycen Hopkins and a 53-yard touchdown pass to tight end Cole Herdman, trimming the Iowa lead to 355-14, but Beathard countered with a 5-yard TD pass to Noah Fant, giving the Hawkeyes a 42-14 advantage.ddddddddddddBloughs 7-yard touchdown pass to Bilal Marshall with?8:40 ?remaining pulled the Boilermakers (3-3, 1-2) to within 42-21, and his 54-yard TD pass to DeAngelo Yancey with?5:36 ?left cut the deficit to 42-28.Iowa cornerback Desmond Kings 41-yard interception return for a touchdown with?1:44 ?remaining capped the Iowa scoring before Blough threw his fifth TD pass -- a 37-yarder to Hopkins -- with 17 seconds on the clock.Blough finished 30 of 60 for 458 yards.We didnt do a good job with getting off to a good start, Purdue coach Darrell Hazell said. Every time we felt we were flipping momentum, they hit a big (play) on us. Something we have to get settled right now is stopping the long run. Thats killing us right now.Iowa rushed 53 times for 365 yards and added 155 passing yards.While Bloughs final numbers were impressive, he said his performance was not good enough.We have to do it from the start, not against reserves or second-stringers, Blough said.TAKEAWAYS:IOWA: The Hawkeyes had two backs each rush for more than 100 yards in the same game for the first time since 2008 (Wadley, 170 yards; Daniels, 156). Although the Hawkeyes stumbled at home against North Dakota State and Northwestern, they have been excellent away from Iowa City, winning at Rutgers, at Minnesota and now at Purdue.PURDUE: While the Boilermakers played without three injured defensive starters -- tackle Jake Replogle, linebacker JaWhaun Bentley and cornerback Myles Norwood -- Purdue was flat after winning last week at Illinois. The Boilermakers now are 0-9 in the next game following a victory during Hazells four seasons at Purdue. The Boilermakers also played without defensive backs Brandon Roberts and David Rose, who were suspended for what Hazell called personal conduct issues.KEY STAT:Purdue entered the game ranked last in opponents third-down conversion success at 50.6 percent (40 of 79), and Iowa took advantage, converting 9 of 16. Before playing the Boilermakers, the Hawkeyes ranked 10th in Big Ten third-down conversion success at 36.7 percent (22 of 60).UGLY NUMBERS:Purdue now is 0-4 in homecoming games during Hazells four seasons with the Boilermakers and has been outscored 176-83 in those four defeats.QUOTE TO NOTE:Theres no question we are moving forward and are doing a lot of good things, Hazell said when asked if he is the right man to lead the Purdue program despite a 9-33 record.UP NEXT:IOWA: The Hawkeyes return home to face Wisconsin.PURDUE: The Boilermakers travel to Nebraska. Purdue upset the Cornhuskers 55-45 -- one of Hazells three Big Ten victories in his four seasons. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bruce81116
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 15 Gäste und 3 Mitglieder, gestern 24 Gäste und 6 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2837 Themen und 3107 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder Online:
bruce81116, douhua2233, jokergreen0220

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor