ell see where we stand." Notes: The Marlins fell to 4-10 in inte

ell see where we stand." Notes: The Marlins fell to 4-10 in inte

in Aufbau und Regelwerk 21.01.2018 04:58
von jcy123 | 718 Beiträge | 7180 Punkte

EUGENE, Ore. -- How great would this be for the opening of a What I did during my summer vacation essay?I went to Rio and ran in the Olympics with USA on my chest!Thats a possibility for high-schoolers Michael Norman, Noah Lyles and Candace Hill, all of whom are trying to make the U.S. Olympic team in the 200 meters.Norman beat Justin Gatlin in their semifinal heat at Fridays U.S Olympic track and field trials, edging him by two-hundredths of a second, 20.21 to 20.23. Lyles won his heat in a time of 20.26. Over on the womens side, Hill finished second in the first heat, but her time of 22.93 matched gold medalist Allyson Felixs winning time in the second heat. Norman and Lyles advanced to Saturdays final in the mens 20,0 while Hill advanced to the womens semifinals.We dont need to brag, but were pretty extraordinary, said Lyles, who is from T.C. Williams High School in Alexandria, Virginia. We came out here to do our best and definitely try to show off for the crowd. I love putting on shows.The three will all be attempting to make the U.S. Olympic team, something no high-school sprinter has done since 1976.I definitely thought [making the Olympics] was realistic, as long as we came in with the right plan, Lyles said. Weve been training for four years. We have the right team, the right facilities, the right recovery plan. Were coming back at it tomorrow so its definitely paying off because thats two rounds won. One more to go.As the womens hurdles competition showed Friday, finishing in the top three of the finals is no easy task. The high-schoolers will be racing against experienced Olympians, including LaShawn Merritt, who had Fridays best time at 19.74, about a half-second faster than Norman or Lyles. Normans time was the fourth-fastest of the day, while Lyles was sixth, so they will have to improve.We came out here trying to get as far as we can and now were going to the finals, said Norman, who is from Vista Murrieta High School in Murrieta, California. Now its a race to see what happens tomorrow. Its going to be an exciting race and Im looking forward to it.While Lyles and Norman are 18 and graduated this year (they are still officially considered high schoolers by USA Track and Field), Hill is just 17 and will be a high school senior this fall. She said she can see herself competing until she is 30, or long enough to run in the 2028 Olympics.Being 17, I have so much potential, said Hill, who attends Rockdale County High School in Georgia. I have so many years to go faster and improve.After crossing the line in their 200 heat, Norman and Gatlin embraced. Asked what it was like to beat someone of Gatlins age (34) and résumé (2004 Olympic gold medalist in the 100), Young said: I just treat him like any other competitor. I just go out there to compete and try to win.Running against him is a little intimidating, Im not going to lie. Hes huge compared to me. He has man muscles and Im just teeny. Yeah, its a little intimidating, but Im just getting a little more comfortable.Gatlin, who also advanced to the finals, said he hopes he is an inspiration to the younger sprinters. Lyles, meanwhile, wants people to take something from their performances.A lot of people have been coming up and saying, Hey, congrats! to me, Lyles said. I get a lot of messages on Instagram and Twitter. To them I say, Thank you, and you all go out and meet your goal. Dont just watch me, you can do the same thing. Vapormax Grigie . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Nike Presto Uomo . LOUIS -- Alexander Steen scored a power-play goal with 59. http://www.scarpesportiveofferte.it/ .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. Nike Air Max 98 Italia . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Vapormax Offerte .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. MIAMI -- The booming hip-hop on the stereo in the Cleveland Indians postgame clubhouse was quickly dialed down to low volume, and the celebration following their 15th shutout victory of the season was muted. The team had a plane to catch, and a big series to play beginning Monday. Scott Kazmir and three relievers combined on a four-hitter Sunday, and Cleveland won for the 10th time in the past 11 games, beating the Miami Marlins 2-0. The Indians begin a four-game series at home Monday against AL Central leader Detroit. With the win over Miami, Cleveland remained three games behind the Tigers. "Id rather be 10 up," manager Terry Francona said. "But this makes this really exciting. We get to play the best team in our division and see how we can do." The Indians took two of three games from Miami despite scoring a total of only six runs. Kazmir (7-4) won his fourth decision in a row by limiting the Marlins to two hits in six innings. Bryan Shaw, Joe Smith and Chris Perez pitched one inning each for the Indians, who lead the majors in shutouts. "It means were getting some solid pitching," Francona said. "And if youre going to go somewhere in this game, you need pitching." Shaw gave up two singles in the seventh but also struck out the side. Perez earned his 17th save in 19 chances by pitching a perfect ninth with the help of a diving catch by centre fielder Michael Bourn. Kazmir was pleased with his outing, the 200th of his career, but the left-handers grin grew widest as he discussed his fifth-inning single, his first hit since 2007. "That was great," he said. "A lot of trash-talking has been going on the past couple of days -- actually pretty much the whole year. So it was good to get that." Lonnie Chisenhall and Michael Brantley drove in runs. Catcher Yan Gomes had three hits, scored a run and picked a runner off first. Manager Jack McKeon and 13 players from the Marlins 2003 World Series championship team were on hand to celebrate their 10-year anniversary, but their success wasnt contagious. Miami, which ranks last in the majors in runs and batting, was shut out for the 13th time. With runners in scoring position, the Marlins wennt 0 for 4 with three strikeouts.dddddddddddd "Were not getting a ton of hits, and in a game like this that hurts you," manager Mike Redmond said. Slumping slugger Giancarlo Stanton went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts and finished the series 1 for 11 with five strikeouts, dropping, his average to .245. "Its something you just go through, and it always works itself out eventually," he said. Nathan Eovaldi (2-2) allowed only one run in seven innings and hit 100 mph on the radar gun. The Marlins havent scored when Eovaldis on the mound over his past four starts. "That kid has a tremendous arm," Francona said. "When you got the ball down there wasnt much you could do with it." Marlins pitchers have gone 12 consecutive games without allowing a home run, the longest such streak in the majors since the 1998 Braves had streaks of 14 and 12 games. The streak nearly ended when Mark Reynolds doubled off the left-field fence in the second inning. That put runners at second and third, and Chisenhall stumbled and fell halfway down the first-base line as he ran out a grounder that went foul. He sheepishly rose and returned to the plate, then hit the next pitch for an RBI single and a 1-0 lead. Brantley ended an 0-for-14 slump when he hit a two-out, 3-2 pitch for an RBI single in the eighth. Hes batting .346 this year with runners in scoring position. "It was a battle," Brantley said. "I fouled off a couple of hard sliders. It was nice to get a little breathing room." With the victory, Cleveland won a road series for the first time since June. Bring on the Tigers. "Weve got to defend our home territory," Brantley said. "Well see where we stand." Notes: The Marlins fell to 4-10 in interleague play. ... The Indians didnt attempt a steal against C Jeff Mathis after going 6 for 6 Saturday, when Rob Brantly was behind the plate. ... Miamis Ed Lucas was awarded a ground-rule double in the first inning when the ball became wedged in the base of the left-field fence under an advertising sign. He was stranded there. ... RHP Corey Kluber (7-5) is scheduled to pitch Monday for the Indians against the Tigers Anibal Sanchez (9-7). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: murray8811
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 3 Gäste und 1 Mitglied, gestern 26 Gäste und 1 Mitglied online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1498 Themen und 1595 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
jokergreen0220

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor