Neuigkeiten » arry five running

arry five running

in Neuigkeiten 07.10.2018 08:20
von panxing18 | 176 Beiträge | 1760 Punkte

TORONTO — The New York Yankees will open an 11-game road trip in Toronto on Friday Michael Hutchinson Jersey , a journey that will take them to the All-Star break.

But the Yankees received some bad news on what was an otherwise a happy Fourth of July.

After the Yankees defeated the Atlanta Braves 6-2 in the rubber match of a three-game series at Yankee Stadium on Wednesday, it was revealed that their superb rookie second baseman Gleyber Torres had a hip strain that will sideline him until at least mid-July.

Torres will be on the disabled list when the Yankees (56-28) open a three-game series against the Toronto Blue Jays (40-46) at the Rogers Centre.

The Yankees will start right-hander Sonny Gray (5-6, 5.44 ERA) against Blue Jays right-hander Sam Gaviglio (2-2, 3.97).

Torres was removed from the game Wednesday during the fourth inning and an MRI showed a strain.

“Any time you’re talking about a groin, a hamstring, quads or a hip — once you have a strain in there, you can punch through it or make it a worse strain,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “So, I think the wise thing is to do this now. Gleyber wants to take a couple of days and work through it Nico Hischier Jersey , but I think he also understands this is the best thing for him and for us.”

Infielder Tyler Wade will be recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre for the game on Friday. After going 3-for-35 (.086) in 13 games with New York early in the season, Wade was demoted to the RailRiders and batted .271/.332/.376 with two homers and 18 RBIs.

Torres is batting .294/.350/.555 in 63 games with 15 homers and 42 RBIs for the Yankees since being called up from Triple-A April 22.

The Blue Jays lost their game Wednesday to the New York Mets 6-3 to split the two-game interleague set. They are 3-3 on the homestand and 23-23 overall at home.

Gray has pitched well at the Rogers Centre, going 2-3 with a 1.88 ERA in seven career starts while pitching for the Yankees and the Oakland Athletics, who traded him to New York during last season.

The 28-year-old is 4-3 with a 2.71 ERA in 11 career starts against Toronto. As a Yankee, he is 1-1 with a 2.96 ERA in five starts against the Blue Jays, and he is 0-0 with a 3.52 ERA in three starts this season.

Gray has lost his past two starts, including Saturday against the Boston Red Sox when he went 2 1/3 innings, his shortest of the season, and allowed six earned runs.

“That was embarrassing for me and I think for everybody in here Mike Smith Jersey ,” Gray said. “I haven’t beat a lot of teams since I’ve been here. I’ve been bad against the Red Sox, I’ve been bad against a lot of teams. I don’t think one particular team you can say has my number or whatever. I’ve been bad against multiple teams.”

“The good thing about Sonny is, he’s got the equipment to get this right,” Boone said. “He’s got the stuff to be the same pitcher he’s been at times in his career. This guy’s still a dude. He’s got to dig his heels in and it’s on all of us to try and help unlock that.”

Gaviglio has faced the Yankees once in his career, pitching seven scoreless innings against them June 6 in a no decision as New York won 3-0 in 13 innings.

In his most recent start, the 28-year-old allowed three runs, four hits and three walks in seven innings Saturday against the Detroit Tigers but did not factor in the decision. Toronto won the game 4-3 on Justin Smoak’s leadoff homer in the bottom of the ninth inning.

This will be Gaviglio’s 11th appearance and ninth start with Toronto after going 0-0 with a 1.86 ERA in five starts with Triple-A Buffalo.

The Blue Jays made two moves before the game Wednesday, designating right-handed reliever Preston Guilmet for assignment and returning left-hander Tim Mayza on option to Buffalo. Right-handers Luis Santos and Rhiner Cruz were called up from Buffalo. Each had a scoreless relief outing against the Mets.

The Yankees lead the season series 7-3.
Cornerback Byron Maxwell was placed on injured reserve and tight end Ed Dickson was placed on the non-football injury list as the Seattle Seahawks reached the 53-man roster limit Saturday.

Maxwell entered training camp as a starter in the secondary, but was rarely on the field during the preseason due to a hip injury. Maxwell returned to Seattle midway through last season and proved he could still be a quality cornerback playing in Seattle's system after struggling in Philadelphia and Miami in different defensive schemes.

With Maxwell out Adrian Kempe Jersey , Dontae Johnson becomes the presumptive starter at right cornerback, although Seattle will likely be active looking for other options on the waiver wire. Johnson started 16 games last season for San Francisco before coming to Seattle in the offseason.

Seattle will debut a significantly overhauled secondary in the opener at Denver. Shaquill Griffin, Justin Coleman and Bradley McDougald are the holdovers, with Johnson likely at one cornerback spot and likely Tedric Thompson at safety with Earl Thomas continuing his holdout. Rookie Tre Flowers is also in the mix for significant playing time.

Dickson never participated in training camp, and had a setback in his recovery from muscle injuries to his quadriceps and groin. He tweeted Friday that he was ready for the season, but as additional insurance the Seahawks acquired tight end Darrell Daniels from Indianapolis in exchange for wide receiver Marcus Johnson.

It was one of two trades Seattle made Saturday, sending a 2019 seventh-round pick to Oakland in exchange for safety Shalom Luani.

One piece of good news for Seattle was defensive end Dion Jordan being activated from the physically unable to perform list. Jordan had been sidelined during training camp because of a knee and shin injury, but coach Pete Carroll said last week that Jordan was on the cusp of returning. Jordan's addition would be a boost to a pass rush that is one of Seattle's biggest concerns going into the regular season.

Among the more notable cuts for Seattle was veteran safety Maurice Alexander and wide receiver Amara Darboh, a 2017 third-round pick.

Alexander was a surprise cut especially after he spent a big chunk of the preseason finale against Oakland showing his versatility by playing weakside linebacker. Alexander was thought to be a potential veteran option at safety and could possibly fill in at linebacker if rookie Shaquem Griffin struggled. Griffin is in line to start the opener with K.J. Wright recovering from minor knee surgery.

Darboh never flashed as the Seahawks had hoped and was beat out for the fifth wide receiver spot by David Moore http://www.officialducks.com/authentic-adidas-antoine-vermette-jersey , another draft pick from 2017. Moore had been a standout during the preseason both as a wide receiver and on special teams. Darboh was also impacted by Seattle's decision to carry five running backs, although J.D. McKissic is currently out with a foot injury.

Seattle also released linebacker D.J. Alexander, a special teams standout a season ago, 2017 draft pick Mike Tyson and rookie quarterback Alex McGough. McGough showed enough in preseason to be a developmental option on the practice squad after being taken in the seventh-round this year.

Along with Maxwell, offensive lineman Jamarco Jones, quarterback Austin Davis and linebacker Erik Walden were placed on injured reserve.
San Francisco 49ers Elite Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: moulson81205
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 24 Gäste und 3 Mitglieder, gestern 25 Gäste und 7 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3422 Themen und 3715 Beiträge.

Heute waren 3 Mitglieder Online:
jokergreen0220, lay1014, xuezhiqian123

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor