Neuigkeiten » an’t do them when I’m in

an’t do them when I’m in

in Neuigkeiten 03.09.2018 08:03
von panxing18 | 176 Beiträge | 1760 Punkte

Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston has been suspended for the first three games of the season. Most stories have said that means Ryan Fitzpatrick will start Weeks 1-3 Graham Gano Jersey , while Winston will start Week Four. That may not be the case.

Although the Buccaneers don’t appear ready to move on from Winston, as some in Tampa are calling on them to do, they might not be ready to go to Winston immediately when he returns, either.

There are a lot of reasons for that, starting with the basic facts of the Buccaneers’ schedule: The Bucs play on Monday night in Week Three, which means that after Winston starts his suspension at the conclusion of the preseason, he can’t return to the team until Tuesday Zack Martin Jersey , September 25. So the Bucs will be on a short work week heading into their Week Four game at Chicago on Sunday, September 30. Would the Bucs want to throw Winston in on a short work week, after three weeks off?

After that game against the Bears, the Buccaneers are on their bye week. So it might make more sense for them to play Fitzpatrick in Week Four, then give Winston time to get ready during the Week Five bye before he returns to the starting lineup in Week Six.

Of course, that assumes that Winston is going to return to the starting lineup at all. What if Fitzpatrick plays well and has the Buccaneers’ offense humming? Would the Bucs stick with the hot hand?

Ordinarily they wouldn’t: You don’t keep your 24-year-old former first overall pick on the bench in favor of a 35-year-old backup. But Winston’s contract makes the decision a little more difficult because Winston would be guaranteed a salary of $20.9 million in 2019 if he suffers a serious injury in 2018. If the Buccaneers aren’t absolutely certain they believe in Winston as the face of their franchise for years to come, they may decide it’s not worth the risk of putting him on the field and perhaps seeing him suffer an injury that would trigger that $20.9 million guarantee.

Although the circumstances were different Justin Simmons Jersey , the thinking was the same in Washington in 2015, when Robert Griffin III was slated to be the starter, only to be demoted to third string and deactivated for the entire season. Once the team had decided Griffin was not its quarterback of the future, it couldn’t risk an injury that would trigger the enormous fifth-year injury guarantee that highly drafted players like Griffin (and Winston) have.

So while the most likely scenario remains that Winston returns to the Buccaneers and resumes his spot atop the depth chart in Week Four, that is by no means a guarantee. The Bucs may decide that they’re done with Winston.

Jim Kelly’s football camp was already on the schedule. So he wasn’t going to let something as minor as surgery keep him away from it.

Three days after his latest procedure which was part of his cancer treatment, the Hall of Fame quarterback was playing flag football at his annual camp.

“This is my life,” Kelly said Ezekiel Elliott Jersey , via Jack Goods of the Buffalo News. “This is why I do it. If you don’t love it doing it for 31 years, then something is wrong with you. My heart is in it.”

Kelly spent part of his time in a golf cart, but was able to participate with campers at New Era Field.

Last week, he had a follow-up surgery to put five implants in his jaw to help reconstruct the area taken away because of cancer. Her said he’d have two more procedures in August and September to help rebuild his mouth and put permanent dentures in.

“I knew I’d be here, but I didn’t know how much I would participate,” he said. “The only part for me [that’s hard] to do a lot of is talking. My upper jaw is completely covered in stitches. But I’ve been hit after games and I was a lot sorer. It’s all good. . . . It seems like every year I’m sore three or four times for a period of time. It is what it is. I just keep fighting, and hopefully one day I’ll be able to walk out of my front door and feel good.

“I’ve got a lot of things on my plate that I want to do and I can’t do them when I’m in this state. But I’m going to keep working. The Good Lord is the only one who knows what the outcome is going to be for what I’m about to do Kyle Fuller Jersey , for what I’m about to go through. I still have a few more surgeries to come, and I take it one day at a time.”

Kelly’s next appearance is scheduled for mid-July, when he’ll receive the Jimmy V award at the ESPYs in Los Angeles.
Kevin Hervey Jersey ,

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: moulson81205
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 21 Gäste und 5 Mitglieder, gestern 14 Gäste und 1 Mitglied online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 3459 Themen und 3752 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder Online:
chenyan94, hongwei28, lay1014, panxing18, xuezhiqian123

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor