, 1,500-yard season for Clemson. Auburn is high on Kerryon Johns

, 1,500-yard season for Clemson. Auburn is high on Kerryon Johns

in Aufbau und Regelwerk 14.01.2018 01:45
von jcy123 | 718 Beiträge | 7180 Punkte

CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson running back Wayne Gallman said Monday that the hit by North Carolina State defensive back Dravious Wright that knocked him out of the game on Oct. 15 was dirty and he wanted a teammate to retaliate.Gallman said after he watched a replay of the hit that he had hoped his teammates would have hurt Wright. Gallman went through concussion protocol during the teams bye week and expects to practice Monday and to play Saturday when the third-ranked Tigers take on No. 12 Florida State.I wanted somebody to hurt him that was in the game if they could, Gallman said. I wasnt able to be in it.Gallman did not remember anything after Wrights first-quarter hit until he was in the trainers room several minutes later. When he saw a replay, Gallman was certain the Wolfpack defensive backs hit -- which looked like a helmet-to-helmet blow although no penalty was assessed -- was intentional.You saw him lead with his head, Gallman said of Wright. He came with his head.Running backs coach Tony Elliott said Monday the hit on Gallman was difficult to judge at full speed and only after viewing it slowed down you see there may be opportunity for a penalty.But in live speed, everything happens fast, you see two guys with a tough collision like that, I understand that its always going to be questioned, Eilliott continued.Gallman said Clemson sent video of the hit to the ACC offices and the school was told the hit was legal. Messages left for the ACC about the play by The Associated Press were not immediately returned.Clemson coach Dabo Swinney did not respond to a request for comment about Gallmans call for retaliation, saying through a spokesman he would be available for comment at his regularly scheduled availability Tuesday.The third-ranked Tigers (7-0, 4-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) visit the Seminoles (5-2, 2-2) in an ACC showdown. Swinney said last Wednesday he expected Gallman to face Florida State.Gallmans absence against the Wolfpack was apparent. The Tigers finished with 117 yards rushing, their lowest total this season in a 24-17 overtime victory .Gallman said he felt like himself this week after missing workouts to recover from the concussion. He had never gone through that before in his football career, but is confident about his status for Saturday.As far as Florida State, Im playing, he said.Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher also expects Gallman to play. When Gallman is playing well, combined with quarterback Deshaun Watsons leadership, Fisher said it makes Clemsons offense hard to stop.It makes a big difference, it really does, Fisher said Monday.Gallman said he went through some drills with his helmet and trainers watching to see if the effort caused headaches or led to other ill effects.I passed everything, Gallman said.The incident remains fuzzy for Gallman, who remembers catching the ball from quarterback Deshaun Watson, then making a move forward.After that, I dont remember anything at all until I went to the training room, he said. Its like I went to sleep and woke up in the training room. I saw video of myself walking off (the field) and I dont remember that.Still, Gallman tried to talk his way back into the North Carolina State game after returning from the locker room.Basically, we had to take the helmet away from him at the North Carolina State game to keep Gallman on the sidelines, running backs coach and co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott said.Gallman is listed as the teams starting tailback on its depth chart for Florida State.Elliott expects Gallman, who set the schools single-season rushing mark with 1,527 yards last season, in the lineup for the Seminoles. However Elliott has a backup plan if Gallman cant play -- C.J. Fuller, a sophomore, would move into the starting spot in Gallmans absence.Fuller was Clemsons leading rusher against the Wolfpack with 56 yards on 16 carries.Elliott is taking a cautious approach with Gallmans condition.Were excited about the possibility of having (Gallman) back, Elliott said. But we wont know the determination until we get the full go-ahead later in the week.Gallman said it was difficult standing on the sidelines the rest of the game and at last weeks practices.It hurt real bad. I hate doing that. I hate not being able to practice, Gallman said. I hate not being able to play. It hurt just standing on the sideline at N.C. State because I told coach Swinney I was fine, I could go back in, but they told me no. So, its hard, man. I hate having to do that, but Im glad to be able to practice this week.---AP Sportswriter Joseph Reedy contributed to this report from Tallahassee, Florida.---Online:AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org Air Max 2018 Femme Noir . The Celtics closed out their first preseason under Stevens on Wednesday night with a 101-97 victory over the Brooklyn Nets, who rested a lot of their lineup including former Celtics Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Homme Nike Air Vapormax Cdg Noir . The recently retired Stern was elected Friday to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame and will be enshrined with the class of 2014 on Aug. http://www.vapormaxnikepascher.fr/nike-vapormax-pas-cher/vapormax-flyknit.html . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. Air Vapormax Flyknit Pas Cher . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Nike Vapormax Homme .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. AUBURN, Ala. -- Deshaun Watson and Clemson pick up where they left off last season -- sort of.The second-ranked Tigers open against another Southeastern Conference team from the state of Alabama, visiting Auburn Saturday night hoping to resume their pursuit of a national title and, perhaps, a Heisman Trophy for Watson.They finished an otherwise unblemished season with a 45-40 loss to Alabama in the national championship game. Watson was at his playmaking best in racking up nearly 500 total yards against one of the nations top defenses.The task now will be to beat an Auburn team seeking redemption after a disappointing season.Its a big challenge out of the gate for us, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said.Not so big as the one Swinneys Tigers faced to finish off last season. Auburn opens picked to finish sixth in the Southeastern Conference Western Division after flopping last season amid much higher expectations.Auburn also lost its top three rushers from last season to a dismissal, a transfer and an early entry into the NFL draft. The receivers are mostly unknown, and Sean White won a renewed quarterback battle after throwing one touchdown pass in five starts last season.It makes for a tough opening challenge for coach Gus Malzahns team. Swinney points out that openers carry a certain amount of mystery for both sides.There are a lot of unknowns, he said. They have players we dont know a lot about, and we have players they dont know a lot about. You dont ever really know until you see a team for two or three games.---Here are some things to watch in the Clemson-Auburn matchup:WATSONS ENCORE? Watson enters the season among the favorites to win the Heisman after a third-place finish. His 478-yard performance passing and rushing in the title game was nearly enough to pull off the win. Their quarterback is one of the best plaayers in college football, if not the best player, Malzahn said.ddddddddddddAND AUBURN? White beat out Jeremy Johnson and junior college transfer John Franklin III to emerge as the starter. Of the three, Franklin is the biggest rushing threat and could potentially play in a Wildcat role though Malzahn has been mum on the pecking order behind White. White has impressed Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables. Hes a quality, quality player, Venables said. He beat out Deshaun at the Elite 11 for top quarterback. Hes got that `it. Hes a very good leader, all the qualities that you love. The intangibles, his toughness, his confidence, he makes everybody around him better.SEEING STEELE: Swinney will face one of his former defensive coordinators in Kevin Steele, now leading Auburns defense. Steele spent three seasons under Swinney and helped the Tigers to the 2011 Atlantic Coast Conference title. But soon after Clemson was embarrassed 70-33 by West Virginia in the Orange Bowl, Swinney fired Steele and replaced him with Venables. Steele skipped his normal session with reporters this week.TAILBACK COMPARISONS: Wayne Gallman is coming off a school record-setting season, 1,500-yard season for Clemson. Auburn is high on Kerryon Johnson but he had only 52 carries as a freshman, vaulting to the starting spot when Jovon Robinson was kicked off the team in preseason camp.GETTING DEFENSIVE: Auburn has struggled defensively in recent seasons but Steeles side of the ball might be the teams strength. Veteran defenders Carl Lawson, Montravius Adams and Johnathan Ford are all back and joined by Illinois graduate transfer T.J. Neal at linebacker.---AP Sports Writer Pete Iacobelli contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: murray8811
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 6 Gäste und 1 Mitglied, gestern 23 Gäste und 1 Mitglied online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1502 Themen und 1602 Beiträge.

Heute war 1 Mitglied Online :
yaya2017

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor