e.Game notes Three players missed Wednesdays practice w

e.Game notes Three players missed Wednesdays practice w

in Aufbau und Regelwerk 13.01.2018 00:49
von jcy123 | 718 Beiträge | 7180 Punkte

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Frank Ragnow knew better than most how the Arkansas offensive line was struggling for much of the game against Louisiana Tech a week ago.Thats why the Razorbacks guard was so desperate to convince coach Bret Bielema to give the line a chance to redeem itself by putting the final touch on the narrow win over the Bulldogs.The coach listened to the pleas of his linemen, who then led the way for a fourth-and-inches conversion with just over a minute remaining to secure the 21-20 season-opening victory.I think we were all kind of pumped up at that moment and we realized that maybe we hadnt played the greatest game, but we wanted to seal it, Ragnow said. Me and (left tackle Dan Skipper) were definitely looking in (Bielemas) eyes and telling him, `Hand the ball off, we can get them.The late fourth-down conversion helped Arkansas avert a familiar early-season disaster, similar to a shocking loss to Toledo a year ago. It also gave a much-needed boost of confidence to an offensive line that featured three new starters from a year ago and allowed four sacks in the win over Louisiana Tech.I really thought, `I need to do this for our offensive line. I need to do this for what we need to do to seal the game and win it, Bielema said. I felt it was important to do.To put the first-week blocking woes into perspective, consider that the Razorbacks allowed a total of 14 sacks in each of the last two seasons -- and only eight in Bielemas first season in 2013. And after averaging 5 yards per rush a year ago, Arkansas gained only 106 yards on the ground on 40 carries against Louisiana Tech, an average of 2.7 per carry.Ragnow and Skipper are the lone two returning linemen from last years talented group that featured current Tennessee Titans guard Sebastian Tretola, among others. This years newcomers -- Colton Jackson, Hjalte Froholdt and Jake Raulerson -- played well at times last week, but they were also slow to react to Louisiana Techs adjustments.Bielema and Arkansas offensive line coach Kurt Anderson said several of the mistakes, and sacks, were a result of miscues by players not on the offensive line.However, they also know the line must rapidly improve as it prepares to face a TCU team that had four sacks in a season-opening 59-41 win over South Dakota State. The Horned Frogs averaged nearly 2 + sacks per game a year ago, and that was without injured defensive end James McFarland.McFarland, who led TCU in sacks two years ago, returned and had a sack in last weeks victory. The senior plays opposite fellow end Josh Carraway, who had nine sacks last season, to give the Horned Frogs a rush tandem that should test exactly how far Arkansas offensive line has come in one week.No one likes giving up sacks; every sack is on the offensive line, Anderson said. If (the quarterback) wants to stand back there for 14 seconds, we have to block for 14 seconds. Cheap Tyler Higbee Jersey . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Cheap Cooper Kupp Jersey . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. http://www.cheapramsjerseyselite.com/ . JOHNS, N. Cheap John Johnson Jersey . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Wholesale Rams Jerseys . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. INDIANAPOLIS -- Adam Vinatieris reunions usually consist of a personal trip down memory lane.At least there he can take a few moments to reflect on the six AFC championship teams he played on, the four Super Bowl rings he won and all those famous kicks he made along the way.One day, the Indianapolis Colts seemingly ageless kicker figures hell finally be able to participate in some of those memorable halftime celebrations, such as the one taking place Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium.Until then, the leagues oldest player at age 43 will focus on what he does best -- making kicks -- and those former teammates enjoy the showThere have been a few (missed reunions), the Colts kicker said Wednesday. Some in New England, too. Yeah, they gave me the token invitation, knowing that I couldnt go because I was still playing.Forty players, nine coaches and Hall of Fame executive Bill Polian are all expected to attend the 10th anniversary of Indianapolis Super Bowl title.Some of the household names -- Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday -- are expected to attend.Some of the postseason stars -- Joseph Addai, Marlin Jackson, Dan Klecko and Dominic Rhodes -- also are coming back. Even a handful of forgotten players, such as Rocky Boiman and Bo Schobel, have made plans to attend.There will be several noticeable absences, too.Hall of Fame coach Tony Dungy will miss the reunion because of his Sunday Night Football duties. Hall of Fame receiver Marvin Harrison, 2007 NFL Defensive Player of the year Bob Sanders and record-setting defensive end Dwight Freeney, now with the Atlanta Falcons, are not on the current list of confirmed guests.Then there are Vinatieri and Robert Mathis, the only remaining players from the title team still on the Colts roster.While they may try to sneak out for a team dinner Saturday night or find a few spare moments to meet with some old pals, they know this is a working weekend that may force them out of most of the festivities around town.Its a good problem to have, Vinatieri said.While Vinatieri and Mathis are still focused on collecting another ring, their paths have taken divergent paths this season.The 35-year-old Mathis was slowed early by a bad knee and he has struggled to round into form in the finnal year of his current contract.dddddddddddd Through nine games, the Colts career sacks leader has 19 tackles, only two sacks and four tackles for loss.Vinatieri, meanwhile, has thrived . Hes made an NFL record 44 consecutive field goals, including his past nine from 50 yards or longer.Regardless of where their careers stand now, neither has forgotten the lessons from their postseason success.Just four weeks after allowing 375 yards rushing to Jacksonville in mid-December, the defense completely shut down Kansas Citys Larry Johnson, the leagues No. 2 rusher. In the divisional round, Vinatieri made five field goals at Baltimore -- in a 15-6 win that featured no touchdowns.In the conference championship game, the Colts used two touchdowns from linemen to rally from an 18-point deficit to defeat their biggest nemesis, New England.And they capped off their title run by pulling away from Chicago in rainy Miami.Basically it was our time and we just followed our leader, Tony Dungy, Mathis said. He drove the point home that it was our time and stayed the course. Faith is a powerful thing when you believe you can get things accomplished.Now, like then, the Colts (4-5) are trying to defy those who have been counting them out. The quest continues Sunday against surging Tennessee (5-5) .But while other guys spend the weekend retelling stories, rekindling friendships and relaxing, Vinatieri and Mathis will happily spend this weekend working.Its for them and we were part of that, Vinatieri said. But for me its about trying to win a game.Game notes Three players missed Wednesdays practice with injuries -- right guard Denzelle Good (illness), defensive end Kendall Langford (knee) and cornerback Patrick Robinson (groin). ... Defensive tackle Henry Anderson (knee), left guard Jack Mewhort (triceps) and right tackle Joe Reitz (concussion) all were full participants at practice. ... Andrew Luck was selected as the Colts Ed Block Courage Award winner after returning from a lacerated kidney that forced him to miss the final seven games in 2015.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: liny195
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 17 Gäste und 2 Mitglieder, gestern 35 Gäste und 4 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2376 Themen und 2591 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
panxing18, x123

disconnected Foren-Chat Mitglieder Online 0
Xobor Forum Software © Xobor